0800 numbers at alphaTALK are what we offer at a large range of exclusive numbers, a highlight being Freephone numbers. Our most popular and sought after set of numbers. There is of course a reason for this.
What is an 0800 number?
0800 numbers have been around since 1985 and are one of the most popular phone numbers used by businesses and organisations in the UK. Free phone numbers are commonly used for businesses.
How much does it cost to call an 0800 number?
0800 numbers are exactly the same as free phone numbers and are often used interchangeably by the general public. Freephone numbers are widely recognised as being free to call and is the main selling point behind why Freephone numbers are so attractive. Which is why many businesses use these numbers as its a great marketing tool.
Is it free to call 0800 numbers from mobiles?
Fortunately, in 2012 Ofcom made proposals to finally make calls to Freephone numbers from mobile phones truly free. Before 2012, Freephone numbers were not free to call from mobile phones. Over 92% of the UK adult population owns or has regular access to a mobile phone according to Ofcom. This provoked a reaction to make 0800 numbers free to call from mobiles.
- Enables you to promote a national presence even if you are located in a village tucked away in the back of beyond.
- Provides the option to create memorable numbers for your customers – great for advertising on the radio, TV and outdoor media.
- Your customers can call you for free so they are more likely to contact you – eliminating financial barriers.
- Provides the ability to monitor calls and measure the response to advertising and marketing campaigns.
- You can keep your Freephone number regardless of where you move, saving money from having to get your contact details changed on company collateral.
If you’ve got any questions about our Freephone numbers, the staff here at alphaTALK would love to hear from you. You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, visiting our 0800 catalogue or calling us on 0800 093 2193. Alternatively, connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
For any extra information or whether you are interested in buying an 0800 numbers, click here.